Truffled Cacio e Pepe
Cacio e Pepe, Italian for cheese and pepper, is a classic Italian dish from Rome. Create a new culinary experience with this boldly reimagined twist on Cacio e Pepe with truffles and Cucina Moderna Peppercorn Cream Sauce. This easy, flavorful twist on a Roman pasta classic is ready in just 15 minutes.
- 12 ounces uncooked speghetti
- 1 jar (15.5oz) CUCINA MODERNA® Peppercorn Cream Sauce
- 3/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black truffle oil
- cracked black pepper
- Cook pasta 1 minute less than directed on package. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta cooking water; return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 jar Cucina Moderna Peppercorm Sauce and ½ cup cheese in small bowl until smooth.
- Add sauce mixture to pot; mix gently while adding reserved pasta water until well combined.
- Drizzle with truffle oil; toss 1 min. or until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with reserved cheese and pepper before serving.
This recipe is an easy, no-fail take on a classic Roman dish, Cacio e Pepe. CUCINA MODERNA® Sauce becomes the cheesy base that melts evenly on the pasta without sticking to the bottom of the pot.